Monday, March 7, 2016

FINAL CROWN ON THE TOOTH AND DONE WITH THE DENTIST ....FOR NOW.

   Halina and I met at her house and walked over to Cabouche for dinner with Helen. It was raining and only one other table with guests when we arrived and left. Halina had the Pozole,

Helen had a Turkey salad, and I had Corn Soup and Memolitas (Little Tortillas but crimped along the edges basted with lard then refried beans with a little spice...all topped with Chorizo on one, Pork another, and Chicken on the last then all topped with pickled red onion and fresh avocado)
 I had to take one home.They hired a Limo when visiting Cuba.
I forgot my camera so Halina is sending the pics.
     I have been waiting a week for my crown and today is the day...BUT I didn't like the fit on one side...it seemed to expose my roots or not cover them.  We sent it back to thin some of that side so it
should fit better.
LOVE THE GLASSES

MY SMILING DENTIST AND HER SMILING BROTHER


BACK TO THE BUS

THERE ARE FERAL DOGS EVERYWHERE AND SEEM TO GET ALONG..THEY NOTCH THEIR EAR IF THEY HAVE HAD SHOTS AND BEEN SEEN BY THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT?

           I bought a new T-Shirt today.  
This is such an awesome day...just perfect..I left early to have Brunch at a new restaurant and then to attend a Cello Concert in the Opera House.  Neither happened...wrong address for the Concert...but later in the afternoon. I passed a village attending a funeral...when you die here...everybody that knows you attends the funeral.
The Restaurant was closed..so I opted for the Zocalo and an OK Breakfast while listening to the Oaxacan Symphony playing nearby.
 I found it hard to leave but returned home to just enjoy doing nothing.  I passed by the funeral but they were now waiting inside and the deceased was waiting outside for the pall bearers!
      Tomorrow is the start of Oaxacan Sabe   I might just eat out everyday this week to check out the restaurants serving this 3 course special .  I opted for Morocco, a highly recommended restaurant. 
       It was another nice day....want to go for a swim?   I had to stop by when I noticed the door open.  I continued on to the Morocco, only to find
  there were 4 other gringos from the library with the same idea but the place was closed???  Toscana was my back up option but Suzanne informed me that it was pricey. All the listed restaurants are 250 Pesos for 3 courses so it is a good opportunity to check out all classes of restaurants.  

           Toscana was in a cobblestone street and back alley area that had been revived.  It was a nice upscale Italian Restaurant that didn't serve Pizzas and they started me with a nice pour of Tinto Vino...followed by a beautiful presentation of Diced Beets on a circle of fresh Avocado Slices with Chopped Pistachios and Chives garnished with Creme Frache topped with a little Olive Oil.  

       Steamed Filet of Mahi Mahi was the entree.  It was served on Scalloped Potatoes in a bed of Puree of Asparagus and topped with Shredded Asparagus with Green Onions. 

       The dessert was  simple but elegant.  Two Butter Cookies with Fresh Blackberries in between topped with Vanilla Ice Cream and Garnished with Blackberry Puree and Mint Leaves.  I was pleased with the entire meal. I hope you were too?


 I looked at the Extensive Menu and found prices in the range of the upscale restaurant it was.  I would bring guests there or take someone on a Special Occasion.  It was late afternoon so I called it a day.

1 comment:

Eric said...

I'm missing an awful lot of good dancing, food and music! Looks great.