Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Catskill Mountains, Coxsackie and My Cousins and Family

          Sunday, after stopping at Oliver's Candy in Batavia to get some Sponge Toffee for Helen,  I drove to Coxsackie, N.Y. and arrived at my cousin Helen's house in the country.  Shortly after unpacking, my other cousin Barbara, Helen's sister arrived. David, Helen's husband and I chatted while Helen put the finishing touches on my "Birthday Dinner"...Roast Pork Loin with Sauerkraut, Applesauce, Creamy Mashed Potatoes, Dressing, Buttered Carrots, and Pineapple Upside down Cake .   We we chatted then watched a little TV and retired early.



       The next morning I awoke around 8:30 expecting to see David working on his computer and Helen having her morning coffee.   The house was empty except for a note that she took David to the Hospital at 1 am with chest pains.   I called and she said he was OK but they were to keep him overnight for observation. 

No comments: