Tuesday, February 23, 2016

con't LAST WEEK IN FEBRUARY....LONG WEEK?

      Yesterday I took a leisurely walk to Biznaga and had a nice dinner of Pork Ribs before returning home.
       Today I did make it to CHILHUACLE ROJO while avoiding a possible violent demonstration by college students? on the way.


           
            I wasn't too impressed with the dinner he served us on our house tour.  He has taught cooking classes in Teotitlan at that house so I was hopeful.
       It was in a "food court" and I sat at the Mini Taj table...wrong restaurant so the Indian waiter informed me I had to move over one table..
GOOD MURALIST...LOOK AT THAT WATER111
FRESH OJ WITH SPARKLING RED WINE...BRIE ON CROUTONS..FRESH FIGS WITH STRAWBERRY PUREE
.then the ROJO waiter greeted me with a menu in Spanish. Then the Chef Alejandro greeted me explaining the Especial Del Dia and informed me that if I had any questions about the menu to please ask and he would explain anything...his English was excellent. I choose the Especial...an Omelet with fish inside...a first for me.
COFFEE IN A BOWL......CUSTOMARY WAY.

HOT OAXACAN CHOCOLATE WITH ORANGE AND GINGER...AFTER DINNER DRINK

          OK...so where is the dinner.  Never came out...thought I took a photo but NO.  It was an Omelet stuffed with shredded fish fillet and mild chili salsa...topped with a light cream sauce then salad and garnished with goat cheese balls and red, yellow, and purple cherry tomatoes.
         Only found one fish bone and I enjoyed the after dinner drink.  I paid and headed home through the Zocalo where they were getting ready for a PRI Rally or political hype of some sort...don't know who the speakers will be or what the occasion.  PRI is a political party.


No comments: