Monday, February 29, 2016

END OF ONE...BEGINNING OF MARCH...IN LIKE LION OUT LIKE LAMB...ALWAYS JUST PERFECT GIVE OR TAKE A DAY

            Saturday was my 11 am appointment with the Dentist in Santa Rosa.  I took the bus and arrived a little early.
 She showed, opened but apparently a Mother with her two daughters had a
problem that needed looking at.
 I waited 10 minutes while they showed the Dentist x-rays she brought then I was in the chair and the drilling started. Thirty minutes later she presented me with the old crown, took an impression and told me she would call when the new porcelain crown was ready. I paid her $216 and left.  Had I went to her first I could have saved over $300 I paid the other Dentist. She did a fantastic job..so far and I'm very pleased with the job and to have it almost done with.
       Returning home I settled in for a nice relaxing day doing nothing.
       I rose late today and am dealing with E Trades Bill Pay.  They issued my HOA check but the Controller says it was rejected...after 3 weeks of going back and forth and redepositing it...I asked why it was rejected.  She said they couldn't find the account?  Over 10 years of no problems and now this. I told E Trade and they seem to think it is her problem not theirs.  They issue the check to RCI and they deposit it?  I requested the General Manager's email so I can bring this to his attention then left for a Oaxacan Asian Fusion ...dinner by my Chef friend Annalisa at her home with 15 others at 2 pm this Oscar Sunday afternoon. It was a long climb up the hill where she lived but I arrived.
GUEST/FRIEND FANNING THE BBQ

PROOFING FANTASTIC ROLLS FOR SPECIAL ORIENTAL SANDWICH

ANNALISA BAKING THE FANTASTIC ROLLS WHILE FRIEND/GUEST HELPS

CANADIAN GUESTS ARE EARLY WITH ME..BOTH WRITER/TRAVELERS

A few people arrived late and a couple cancelled but we started with a Won Ton Soup with the best Won Tons ever...unfortunately I didn't get a photo.  Got to re-read my manual. 

Annalisa Bandalera explaining the Won Ton Soup...this is the menu she sent with a brief
explanation of what Comidor Clandestino is all about:


To celebrate the start of the Lunar New Year, a little late, but the celebrations continue on in China, I planned a special Oax-Asian fusion menu.  Please see the details listed below.  I hope you will be able to join in this special celebration of the Fire Monkey.  If not you, feel free to spread the word to others so inclined, thanks!

Gong Xi Fa Cai!
Annalisa

Oax-Asian Pop-Up Restaurant at Comedor Clandestino
February 26 at 7:00 p.m. and February 28 at 2:00 p.m.
The menu explores how Criollo ingredients take the place of traditional ones in Asian cuisine.
Shared Table – 16 Seats, Reservation required: oaxacacomedor@gmail.com or bandalera@gmail.com

Set Menu
Appetizer
Won ton Soup - homemade wrappers in a hoja de leon and guaje de ardilla (criollo plants) broth
Green mango salad 
Slider – Asian pulled chicken on homemade milk bread dressed with pickled carrots and jicama

Entrée
Black Bean Ho Fun – rice noodles cooked with vegetables and chintextle (Oaxaca pasilla chili) soy sauce, and black beans
Chilly Dragon Greens – greens cooked with the breath of the dragon served chilled with a garlic sauce
Char Siu Kebab – Chinese BBQ grilled pork kebab
Accompanied with Jasmine Rice

Dessert
Sticky Rice with Mango and Homemade Coconut Milk

Served with agua del día or hot jasmine tea.

Comedor Clandestino is committed to the locavore movement, all produce and meats are sourced within the state of Oaxaca, with special emphasis placed on supporting the Criollo system, and procurement within 100 miles of Oaxaca Centro. 



Now for those Sandwiches made from that wonderful Bread Rolls she created.  Like Steamed Dumplings...light, sweet,  and fluffy but not Dumplings. Shredded seasoned Chicken and shredded, pickled carrot and jicama....soooo goood.

The main course was laid out in a buffet and she dished and served it to us.



Then came the Sticky Rice with Homemade Coconut Milk and Mango....Great Meal.

I waddled back down the hill and took a Taxi home.


Notice the roof tops....!!

No comments: