Sunday, July 7, 2019

METAMORPHOSIS @ SCOTTSDALE SHADOWS CALIFORNIA VISIT

         This last few years have challenged the direction of my thinking.  Mexico and Oaxaca especially turned me inward to question myself and my former beliefs that created who I am. I am torn between living nearer to nature or close to everything with friends nearby.
       Vietnam was the first transformation that led to the next ...and so on.  Without Vietnam... I am not sure I would have ever had the confidence to become myself.
          Losing my family was another transformation.  Getting to know my new family with 8 great grandchildren is another.  Life is full if we take the time to embrace it...good and bad.
       Well, to get to the point, the last few years have had me vacillate between Mexico and Scottsdale.
I thought about selling, renting my condo out full time, or fixing it up to stick around when I couldn't be in Mexico.  I decided on the latter.
     This last weekend was shared with my family in Lake Elsinore California.   It was good to see everyone and catch up with Heather.  We had dinner at her home that night.  She cooked Sloppy Joes, Salad, Asparagus....it was really good.  I unpacked some camp gear and other books and thing for the children that I wasn't going to be using that they might.  Heather had to rise early to study and work.  I could relax and watch a little TV but after driven 6 hours...I fell asleep.
         I had the Free Continental breakfast at the hotel and ended up at Heather's around 11:30 so fixed some eggs and spinach to round out my breakfast.  Chase, Ellie and I tried a game of Mexican Dominoes they seemed to catch on quick but didn't have a patience for another round...we played one out of 13.
I don't think they care for board games.   Heather came home and we all kind of "hung out for a while".  I enjoyed leftover Sloppy Joe on a Salad with Asparagus. Then went home.  Heather picked me up later when we visited Brian , her ex husband, to drop Chas off for the next few days.  Heather and I were taking Ellie to the airport at 5 am the next day. I really enjoyed seeing and talking to Brian.  He has his own home now that is beautiful and a great piece of property with a nice yard and porch.
     I went to bed early just to hear the alarm at 5 am.  Heather and Ellie arrived on time and we were off to the LAX Airport. 

 I parked the car while Heather and Ellie checked in.  Heather had to accompany 14 year old Ellie to the gate because she was a minor in addition to paying extra $200 for her ticket.   I waited next door watching the the people coming and going it this truly INTERNATIONAL Airport.




       We drove into LA to the Science Museum but when we realized we had been there before, we decided to have breakfast at the Bird's Nest then go to the Autry Museum. 




 The Breakfast was good and the Autry Museum even better.  We spent a big part of the day there before returning to Lake Elsinore.






























We stopped for a mid afternoon snack at Organic something.  It was really filling.



      I returned to freshen up then Heather had a salad waiting for me while we chatted some more.
Rents are going up at her complex as well as gas prices and inflation.  It is difficult to raise a family emotionally and financially. I gave them all their once a year one and only present for their Birthday.
I have 21 of them to keep track of so I changed the system to one present a year..at the same time for all.
        The return drive seemed better than the one over.

       I have ideas now that we have a top floor full of owners instead of renters at Scottsdale Shadows.   We should get to know each other but in order to respect each other's privacy, it seems it would be a once a month dinner at each other's place with responsibility for the wine/dinner/apps/ be rotated around each month.  If someone couldn't make it...fine.  Rotate any responsibility to the next person.  It is a way to know each other.   I see Tales of the City or of Scottsdale Shadows.
          Jeannie and I dined at the Roaring Fork tonight to celebrate her recent acquisition of her very own Penthouse Apartment at Bldg 22 5th floor.  We are all pleased as she has been a big part of the transition that took place within the last few years.  The loss of Artis , Paul, Elenore, Bobbie, and Saul...all to old folks homes...except for Bobbie...she's a step up.
        The new owners have proved to be a part our community.  David and Rene were the first with his sons.  The sons moved on and if I know them...they are still moving.  Born travelers.  David is getting ready to retire and start enjoying his hobbies.  Rene looks forward to that I suspect.
      Rick and Reed took two spaces as did David and Rene.  Paul left for nursing care after a stroke and Eleanor stayed on hoping he might return.  He didn't so she downsized and sold before she moved with the others.
      The new couple Rae and I don't know his name yet.  They really gutted the entire place and doing it over completely.   Jeannie will be moving into Saul and Bobbies old condo next month.  Saul is in a nursing home and Bobbie past on.  Some one will be moving into Jeannie's soon as "Life at Building 22 Fifth Floor" moves on.

    There is no more until I post my trip to NY.  Adios until August.
   












 

No comments: