Wednesday, December 9, 2015

LIBRARY LECTURE

       
  I had a nice breakfast at Isabell's after I made a trip to the ATM to replenish my spending money.  I signed up for the Photo class tomorrow at the library then took the bus to Sam's Club and renewed my membership.  I'm not sure why, they have little I want and can get at Walmart without the membership.  I added a Smart TV, Folding Recliner Chair, and a good Mirror to my list when decide I need them.  The Chair is number one and would fit in my limited space patio to get some sun in the morning.
       The "complex" was busy when I left with groups of people prepping food for this evenings celebration of The Feast of the Immaculate Conception celebrates the solemn belief in the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary. It is celebrated on December 8, nine months before the feast of the Nativity of Mary, which is celebrated on September 8. It is one of the most important Marian feasts celebrated in the liturgical calendar of the Roman Catholic Church celebrated worldwide.

     Tables and chairs were being set up with a tarp over the whole complex in case of rain. Flowers decorating a make shift alter along with Christmas lights everywhere.  



      I left again for my Lecture on the food and markets of Oaxaca.  Where it comes from and what was it. It was a packed lecture and over in an hour.  I walked to Tapas and Wine to have a bite to eat.
The woman that gave the lecture came in to eat with some friends.  One of them was Marta, a friend of mine from last year.  We exchanged greeting and hope to have lunch someday.



     When I arrived at the "complex" , there was a trio playing great music.  Some religious with a great female vocalist and some Mexican with trumpets and the crowd joining in with the singing. This music is awesome.


       Deek, my neighbor was taking photos and asked if I was going to dine with them.  They say the Roseary then a Mass and eat at 9 pm.  It was 7pm and I politely declined.
Mary bottom Left
 Eric and his wife invited me to join them at the Candela Dance Hall this week  but it doesn't open until 11 pm...we shall see.

No comments: