Saturday, June 3, 2023

5 - 23 SCOTTSDALE TO OAXACA

 Scottsdale was hotter on my return. I went to Village Coffee, nice neighborhood coffee shop. It was cool that morning so I sat outside with my Oatmeal,Cappuccino, and fresh Apple Muffin while listening to live folk music like Jim Croce, Cat Stevens, Pete Seger..etc. 




Then I restocked the fridge at Trader Joe's.
Later visited my bartender at Roaring Fork for a "Big Ass Burger.

My Blogger Fan and Friend, Steve in England, celebrated his birthday with his son while attending a "football" game at Wembley Stadium in London.

                              Great day for both.

This evening I returned to Wok & Roll for my Stir Fry and Sushi. Great as usual.


Today was a Red Letter Day. My test at Banner Imaging

    They injected me first, then I had to give it time to circulate before the Scan.
   My Cancer test was a PET scan with nuclear detection injection that cost me $1123 as a 20% co pay. My arms were strapped by my side while on my back and I was put into a tube while I was being scanned.  No sooner was I put in place and my nose itched. Only another 30 - 60 minutes. 

The results arrived in two days: NO SIGN OF ANY CANCER! All that worry for NADA.   I was anxious since my weight loss started over a year ago. I have never lost weight...alway up and up...until I moved to Oaxaca and walked everyday.  I put on 5 lbs in 2 months since back in Scottsdale. Nervous eating.

Time for Dental Cleaning and check up at Pure Dental, an excellent Dentist informed me that most of my Mexican Dental work will need attention. 

      Also one of 5 implants I had will definitely need work. It was where one fell out, then two bone grafts later I went to Midwestern Dental School in Glendale, Az. They installed the implant. He said I should call them and report the professor/instructor that allowed that to happen for malpractice and demand they correct it! 

      He gives free dental to children in Haiti, Guatemala, Costa Rica, etc. When I made my appointment, I was told they do not take HMO insurance and I would have to pay $175 for the cleaning. Now he told me they would file a claim with my insurance and I only had to pay $25! Great cleaning and will return if necessary. Three of the 5 implants fell out..he asked if I used an electric toothbrush. I do but not now...he explained the vibration on implants causes them to loosen and fall out...none of the dentists that put them in mentioned that!



My granddaughter Latisha celebrated her birthday after I departed from Buffalo..never got a photo of her or my Great grandson's Tattoos.



I walked the Fashion Square Mall in Scottsdale for exercise...too hot to walk outside. It is in the middle of a conversion to "Rodeo Drive" upscale stores. I took some photos but while editing them I realized how disgusting they were.



























These are only some....I walked....Out the door. 

Now that I have my test results, I am relaxed and not so anxious. Marjorie had tickets to the Scottsdale Contemporary Art Museum. After we went to Ra for H Hour sushi...


LOS OLIVOS MEXICAN PATIO..AT LEAST 40 YEARS







        
         I renewed my Driver's License which expired the same day as my accident in Buffalo...hmm coincidence?
 I didn't realize it until I had a dream a few nights ago to check my passport and driver's license expiration date. Neither did the rental company or the policeman that required me to show it to them.

        Vietnamese Pho Ga for lunch today...very nice.

I am waiting my hearing aide the VA sent to Denver last week for repair. I hope they arrive soon along with the reports from Visa, Budget Rental, and Triple A Insurance on how much I owe for the accident.


Considering this classic Corvette to replace the Lexus??

I sold my car yesterday and will deliver it Sunday. Kristain, who bought my condo, arranged the sale to his friend Maryia from Bulgaria.

The next day I treated myself to a "Power Breakfast Bowl" at First Watch. Great with my Kale Tonic.


That evening I attended "Active International's" first social gathering in a long while. For me it had been years.  One of the best organizations started over 10 years ago that grew from 200 to 2000 Arizona members from all over the world that work or retired here. Isik, a hardworking Turkish lady originated the idea.  I brought Marjorie and Jeannie with me.  We had a nice time.

.


MARJORIE AND ISIK










JEANNIE


My dear friend of 40 years+. Bruce, agreed to drive to Scottsdale to pick me up at 2:30 am and cart me to the Airport!  I took two of the check in bags to his house to save time and trouble. To show my appreciation I took Bruce and new lady friend Leanne, to Brunch at Richardson's New Mexican Restaurant.




HUEVOS RANCHARO 


ADOBE PORK WAS SUPERB


HATCH CHILE AND BEEF ENCHILADAS 

The food and the company (despite Bruce's lack of attention) was wonderful! 

Today I visited Walgreens and received my 6th Covid Shot. Then went for a Mall Walk , where I stopped into Capital One Bank/Cafe, a combo Coffee shop and Bank. The future.

My last day I had coffee with Marjorie at Village Roaster...and said goodbye to my car.  I delivered it with a tear in my eye.


I was in bed around 5:30 pm and called Bruce to give him a "heads up" .  He asked me to call him at 1 am to insure he would be up, but then I lose an hour's sleep.  I know Bruce is dependable so set my alarm for 2:30. When it went off, the phone was also ringing...I panicked to think Bruce was just now calling me to tell me he was on his way...no...he had been there 15 minutes ago trying to get a hold of me. He forgot my Condo Number so couldn't come in and knock. 10 minutes later I was in his car with my carry on suitcase and ready to go. He parked and helped me carry three suitcases to the American Counter for Check in then left...THANK YOU! 





AIRPORT AT 3:15 AM...NO COFFEE OR SNACK BEYOND THE GATE....UNTIL ABOUT 10 MINUTES PRIOR TO BOARDING.
I slept until Dallas, boarded the connecting flight and slept until Oaxaca at 12:20 pm.  Everything went well.


 

I have been here 3 days now...and very happy.  Post in June will now be lots of Oaxaca!





No comments: