Friday, August 11, 2017

ZAACHILA MERCADO Y MUERTAS DE DIAS

 My objective to visit Zaachila for the second time was to see the Market that I heard so much about, and see the Wall of the Muertas de Dias where every October the walls from the Catedral to the Cemetery are painted with the culture of  Days of the Dead...then the following year are repainted with new Art.
     I dropped off my laundry then walked to the Collectivo pick up for Zaachila. 6 passengers in a 5 passenger car, no A/C high humidity and rain ...only 20 minutes and we arrived. I just took photos for 2 hours, then returned.

ZAACHILA STREET ART AND THE DAY OF THE DEAD



















































   


                                                                     THE MARKET















A GOAT

TINY MANGOS









SHOO FLY










BAMBOO


THE CEMETERY 













2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was in Zachila Market with Ron last year. The market looked just like your pictures, but there sure wasn't the art. That's truly amazing. Don't you just love the country and the people? Be there in January. H

DAVID TAYLOR said...

I do...writing an article on Zaachilla for my Travel Writing class.