Saturday, December 6, 2014

END OF MY FIRST MONTH IN MEXICO

SUNDAY EVENING     My plan was to have dinner at a new very nice restaurant and then go to a Cello and Violin concert near by before returning home.  I left a little late and shuffled my way from where the bus dropped me to the Restaurant.

Little Green Beans and Potatoes..Breast of Chicken Stuffed with Crickets and Cheese garnished with Squash Blossoms..Yellow Moles are the Poka dots on the plate.

Sauce is a Gazpacho of Mango and Pear...Crisp Sweet Crackers with  Roasted Mango, Mint leaves, and Beige Dabs of Marzipan
 I took my time and enjoyed a quite different dinner but after the dessert, I realized I would be lucky to be allowed in the concert.
 When I finally arrived it was already over...so I caught the bus and again stopped for a Mescal at my neighborhood bar then walked home.


 A culinary extravaganza with Top Chefs from all over the State of Oaxaca and 18 Celebratory Chefs from the country of Mexico.  The tasting on Saturday afternoon for 200 Pesos would have been great but nowhere did I see it advertised.   The 1500 Peso Dinner was advertised everywhere.  Next year.    El Saber Del Sabor

MONDAY  Do nothing day. 

TUESDAY  Made little cocktail nibbles for Charles's Men's Happy Hour.  Little Olives on toothpicks with Ham, Cheese, Red and Green Peppers for Christmas Spirit.  Someone brought some to the Thanksgiving Dinner and they were a big success...as were mine.  A couple of Canadians from last year showed up that had just arrived in country. Had a good time and no leftovers to take home.



WEDNESDAY  I decided to do another nice dinner at another Top Restaurant.
Chips, Hot Salsa,Hot Onion & Jalapeno,Habenaro Salsa, Fire Salsa...and Ground Fish with Lime

3 Pork filled Empanadas

Shrimp Broth, Spanish Rice, Jalapenos,Lime and Red Onion


THURSDAY  Nice Breakfast

Salsas, Toast and Homemade Marmalade,Fresh OJ,American Coffee,Beans,Scramble Eggs and Bacon


FRIDAY   Nice Breakfast
Cafe Latte......Melon,Pear,Papaya,Grapefruit,Banana,Yogurt, and Granola








Also.....
POSTED IN FRONT OF SCHOOL

ALSO IN FRONT OF SCHOOL

IT'S AN ART SCHOOL...WITH GALLERY


FREEDOM RIDERS


NOW TO VISIT CHURCH

No comments: