Wednesday, April 6, 2016

FRIDAY AT THE PACHOTE MARKET, SATURDAY MADAME BUTTERFLY, SUNDAY BOUTIQUE SALE

     I visited the Pachote Organic Market for the last time before leaving.  Now I have to empty the refrigerator.  I picked up some eggs, Kale, Yogurt and Spinach.  Nice Mushrooms
     Donated some money on the way home.

AND JUST LOST EVERYTHING I HAVE WORKED ON FOR OVER 5 HOURS...IT WAS GOOD AND I HIT THE WRONG FFFNNN BUTTON AND IT'S GONE...THERE IS NO GO BACK...IT'S HISTORY...AND I WAS JUST GETTING READY TO PUBLISH IT...DAMN DAMN DAMN

I'm going to try and reconstruct it...f#$%^&....Damn it just did it again???

New day...

On the way home I donated to these really talented singing Blind couple.
       Saturday Morning I left a little late for the Opera.  Buses were few at that time and none going my direction so my legs were cramping up as I hurried along. This causes one HELL of a lot of PAIN.   All the taxis were full... one came at the last minute I jumped in but further down the road he made a wrong turn and had to circle back...I arrive one minute before the curtain fell and there was Madame Butterfly!


I sat through the whole 31/2 hours without falling asleep...it was quite good.  Simulcast from the MET in NYC.  I joined a friend Peter and we tried a new restaurant called Sabrina , just up the street.
I had fantastic Fresh Trout with Seasonal local Mushroom sauteed in Wine with Rice Pilaf on the side.

I returned home and spent Sunday doing nothing.  Went out for a walk.



 I encountered some students in a quiet demonstration...it was hot out so wasn't real crowded .
Monday I wanted to try a new restaurant that was given a favorable review in the Library Newsletter.
I walked there but discovered they were closed.

A new "Grocery" store opened just down the street with locally made food products.  Pickled Vegetables, Fresh wild Mushrooms, PEANUT BUTTER, Hummus, Tahini, Kefir, etc.  I bought some Peanut Butter and crossed the street and bought a small loaf of bread at the French Bakery to make sandwiches.






Returning home I ran into last year's neighbor and friend Tom.  I saw him when I first arrived but hadn't seen him since.  He has lived here year round for over 4 years, speaks good Mexican, and works out a lot. He offered me a Sueto, Beer served on Ice with lemon juice.  A perfect drink for a hot day.  We sat at the Zocalo and caught up on the last few months.  A large parade of protesters passed us.  Bus loads from the countryside.  Campisinos all carrying clubs and looking mean...200 or more is my guess.  They were marching to some rally for some reason?  


Tom waved goodbye as we vowed to get together again when I return.



       The next day had cooled down a bit and my legs weren't cramping so I walked back to the Restaurant and was the first and only guest for lunch.  I had a cup of "Turkish" coffee..boiled Organic Oaxaca coffee and then they pour off the top for you. Strong and good. I ordered the Seviche with a salad and Blue Corn Tortilla Crisp.




         Served with a refreshing Tea made with Fresh Ginger and Honey...all very good.

Still hungry I opted for the Fresh Fish Fillet with Salad and Mashed Potato. Also very good.


       Feeling really good, I decided to get a Foot Massage across town and on the way I discovered a delightful European Style Pastry Shop .  I had to sample one at least and will return for Espresso there again.





       I continued on to my Reflexologist and what seemed like two hours of Bliss.  I just remember being in a dream like state from the time I got on the massage table until I was a block down the street.  Now my legs really did feel great  and I decided to walk up to the Mescal Shop to buy some local distilled product to take back home.



         Well I'm happy now....I had a great day walking...my best since I arrived, I've cut my Meds down and feel so much better...and I've finally got this Blog DONE!



No comments: