Wednesday, January 29, 2014

FEW MORE DAYS AND OFF TO VISIT COLONIAL HISTORIC CITIES NORTH OF OAXACA

           Saturday is a good day to kick back and do nothing. Sunday I awoke with diarrhea ...three day or 10 day?  Drank lots of fluids and departed to attend a Thai Buffet in private residence. I noticed an Internet Cafe and discovered they can print my documents.  Got a new place to do business.
      I withdrew the rent money out of the ATM and dropped it off with Teresa.  She said the water problem was the electric pump and gets stuck at times.  At times always is Saturday or Sunday? Si.  Her daughter Lucia wanted to know if I received the electric bill under the door?  I haven't had one since my lease started almost 8 months ago.  The other tenants said it was included. Three months to go so why rock the boat now.
    The streets were quiet on Sunday.
 Everyone was in Church or at the Zocola. I was tiring and hungry.  It was another 2-3 kilometers to the house so I stopped at a nice Hotel advertising an American Breakfast.  I already had one at 7 am but thought I'd get another.  Usually they aren't much more than a snack for $6.  I started with a fresh juice and Hot Chocolate with two nice slices of coffee cake.  Both different and good. Expecting my "light" omelette next but was presented with a platter of fresh pineapple , papaya, watermelon, apple and cantaloupe.

I couldn't bring a doggy bag to a buffet.  Then came the "light omelette" ...egg whites with corn mushrooms, onion, pumpkin flowers, and cheese for filling. Small portion of hash browns with peppers and a tostada cup with beans.  Oh yes   a basket of bread.  I didn't have the bread but was FULL when I left.  I decided to go home and take a nap.
         On the way, I picked up a 10 oz bottle of mouthwash....$10.  I should have waited to visit Walmart or checked the price.  They have everything behind the counter so you have to ask the price of everything and wait while they bar scan it with a line of people.  I paid but was not happy. There are some things in Mexico that are expensive...but you find out the hard way.
     I fell asleep for two hours as soon as I arrived. If I continue with this sickness, I'm going to cancel the trip.  I hope to bus it to the airport to confirm and maybe change my return flight. The dogs woke me up:

Another Reason Why I Don't Keep A Gun In The House

The neighbors' dog will not stop barking.
He is barking the same high, rhythmic bark
that he barks every time they leave the house.
They must switch him on on their way out.

The neighbors' dog will not stop barking.
I close all the windows in the house
and put on a Beethoven symphony full blast
but I can still hear him muffled under the music,
barking, barking, barking,

and now I can see him sitting in the orchestra,
his head raised confidently as if Beethoven
had included a part for barking dog.

When the record finally ends he is still barking,
sitting there in the oboe section barking,
his eyes fixed on the conductor who is
entreating him with his baton

while the other musicians listen in respectful
silence to the famous barking dog solo,
that endless coda that first established
Beethoven as an innovative genius. 

No comments: