Tuesday, March 1, 2022

22 - 2 LAST TWO WEEKS OF FEBRUARY

         Today I am off for a session with my new masseuse to reset my body to it's youthful origin.  This is all part of my goal to make the last of my life, the best of my life.  I returned to my youthful origin with all it's good and bad.  I felt purged when it was over. This was a new experience for me and after a 6 hour session I returned in a dream like state. 
  
I became more aware of myself today and learned a lot from my first lesson.  I went out to get something to eat then returned to a movie and sleep. 



  

I awoke after a sound sleep, had my coffee and watched Sunday Morning.  Later I visited Carol and we went for a long walk and stopped at Berlina for a wonderful mid afternoon lunch. 



It was a beautiful day.  












We planned a nice dinner with another Carol and David at a Restaurant I hadn't been to in over 5 years.   We location overlooked the Zocalo and outside on a balcony.  It was a beautiful evening and our friends arrived.  We just picked out and put in our orders when a band set up next to us on the balcony.  The noise level was so intense we requested to move.  Instead they moved the band down a few tables away from us and it was still too loud.   We finished our Lamb dishes and left, NEVER to return.  
         We decided to relax and have a quiet drink at the SIN NOMBRE Hotel.  Very strange place they gave us a menu with no prices and when I requested a cognac, they didn't know what to charge so I had a hot chocolate instead.  The different rooms were strange and there were no customers. We left after finishing our drink and having a brief tour.





 
Tuesday Carol and I returned to our close and favorite PAN AM Restaurant for Breakfast.  I ended up ordering my usual but Carol broke from tradition and tried something different. We both enjoyed it like we always do.


Mine was presented so beautifully, I had to take 2 photos.

     Marc won another Mexican Domino Tournament later, bringing the score to Carol Lynne 7 Marc 2 and David in Judi 0


        Later that day we attended a library lecture by Peter Kuper, a famous Illustrator for the New Yorker, and in the past Mad Magazine as well as a career with Rolling Stone Magazine.







Someone got married while we were listening to Peter...

Deke and I had invited Adelina and Fernanda, her daughter to Comida at Margarita this afternoon.   What a nice pleasant place to rendezvous with our past Maid and friend for years before she took a position that offered a separate home on the property for her and her daughter and time off with better working conditions to boot.  It was so nice to see their smiling faces.



They serve a pitcher of Agua Fresca to every table that orders the Comida so keep a garbage can full of the Fresca and have a large dipper to fill the Pitchers...very ingenious.


A great singer and guitarist for entertainment!


Fernanda...now in her 1st year at the University


Adelina a proud and happy Mom


Deke selecting Desserts 


A great piece of delicious Apple Pie to finish a wonderful Comida.  Margarita is a place I will recommend and return to.   The protesters got their tents moved.


       That evening Carol and I followed the Carnival Parade to the Zocalo and had dinner at the bar at Tres Bistro where we could converse without noise, have another Salmon and Roasted Vegetable dinner with Alfredo giving us superior service with a smile.




We had a contest to see how many cameras (phones included) are in this photo and what are they photographing.  The winner was :   Too Many and Each Other.


                                              Another wonderful Day in Paradise

My friend Chris was having a hip operation when I returned to Oaxaca from Phoenix back in December.  He just recently recovered enough to start going out again, so we booked lunch at Terranova in the Zocalo on Sunday.  Sunday is also a day when "gringos" come to Terranova to drink, eat, and catch up on the news.  We  joined them for an hour before going across the street to Tres Bistro and having our lunch at the bar area so we could have a conversation.  Both of us have issues hearing.  The lunch, conversation and company were enjoyable!

Villager I suspect is Zapotec trying to sell her wares.



          
                                                     John and Michelle socializing.



                                                          Chris, catching up on latest since his hospitalization.

ih

                                                              Children being Children


Carol and I were to dine with Carol and David...but arrived at Sur a Norte to discover we were a 
week ahead of schedule....so had a wonderful meal and ended the month and the last post until March.







We ended with Tacos...and goodbyes until March.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are u still in Oaxaca? Is that where you've been the past yr? Loved all your pics. Peter's talk would have been interesting to me. What is he doing now?
Have u heard from any of our friends?

Unknown said...

Cookie Liana wrote previous comment.