Sunday, August 19, 2018

MONDAY 18TH : DAY 9 ; SCOTLAND...GLASGOW, AND CULCREUCH CASTLE AND TUESDAY 19TH : DAY 10 INVERNESS

We departed and toured the Lake District.











We visited Hadrians Wall and the remains of Birdoswald Fort.    We had lunch in tourist trap then continued on tours the countryside before crossing over to Scotland.




LANERCOST PRIORY

BLACKSMITH'S SHOP

We arrived in Glasgow, where we picked up a new couple from Seattle and dropped off those who wanted to stay in the city while the rest of us went North to stay in a 8th century Culcreuch Castle.



FRESH LAMB , POTATO, BROCCOLI ACCOMPANIED BY HAGGIS


EXCELLENT CHEESE, CHUTNEY, GRAPES, AND 18 YEAR OLD SHERRY!!!


        I checked in then showered and joined the rest for drinks. I ate early and ran to my room to sell some of my stocks to pay my dinner bill.  Had a good dinner  and a better dessert.
       The next morning we enjoyed an outstanding breakfast of Smoked Haddock and Poached Eggs.

Now heading out for Glencoe then to the city of Inverness for two nights.

Glencoe to me was the most beautiful part of Scotland.










We stopped around Fort Augustus where there were some locks.  Had an Ice Cream and met the Laird of the Loo.




Our day ended in Inverness where we checked in to another Premier Inn.
David bought us a drink at Johnny Foxes then we had a lovely dinner next door at the Prime Restaurant.  The room was cold and the heater blew more cold air.  I had to pay $8.50 for 24 hours of internet connection AFTER paying $400 for two nights!  I decided to cancel my room at the Premier (same chain) Hotel in Glasgow that I booked for 5 nights at $700 but was informed that if I did, I would be charged the full price!  I would never recommend Premier Hotels or if you do...read the fine print.





 



No comments: