Sunday, August 5, 2018

1ST DAY UK SOUTH TO NORTH: WELLS,TOR,GLASTONBURY ABBEY, & EXETER

    Finally started our UK tour today.  I dragged myself down to the White Hart Hotel to meet the group for the first time and board the Bus.  Kenny, that I had dinner with last night was in similar condition...lack of sleep.  I had 6 hours.  We loaded the bus and bit by bit I met everyone...some I knew from the trip to Korea.  Jim was our driver.  He was born and grew up speaking Gaelic in the Heberdies Islands where my old friend Calum McIntyre grew up.  Great Bus driver. First Stop...the Cathedral City of Wells.





















           Well and the Cathedral were very nice. After Salisbury wasn't expecting too much until I walked inside.  It was just amazing.  I had lunch after in the Museum Cafe then wandered the grounds and the town of Wells before re-boarding the bus for Glastonbury Abbey.

 That was the ruins of one of the most famous Abbeys in  England and also interesting...especially the Abby Kitchen.














We stopped for photos at another site on top of a mountain,Tor, supposedly the resting place of King Richard the Lionhearted and Gwenivere...

     Then we settled in Exeter for the night and drinks along with our Meal and a real get together with the group.
SALMON

BEEF WITH YORKSHIRE PUDDING
Really not but best but nice.
       I went to bed early so maybe I can get myself in sync.  I do feel more in tune but not I think I have a cold coming on.

END OF DAY ONE

















   





     

No comments: